Monday, July 16, 2012

Coming home...sort of.

Hi everybody!  My name is Captain Jack Sparrow, and I'm here to record my adventures.
 
Yesterday I was a regular feral kitten, unaware of my pirate potential.  I was nursing, right in the middle of breakfast, when someone put a basket over my head and trapped me!  I tell you, the nerve of some people.  I was then put in a box and delivered to my foster meowmie.  It was around this point that I relized that I am in fact a fierce pirate.  I put on a good show of hissing and spitting and puffing so that nobody would doubt my ferocity and prowess.

Sadly, my foster meowmie discovered my weakness almost immediately.  My ears were goopy and itchy, and when she rubbed the base of them some sort of switch in my head turned off and I got all limp and noodly.

Since that first ear rub, my life has been a series of indignities which foster moewmie swears will all add up to something good eventually.  First, she put some outrageously foul yellow stuff in my mouth.  She said it was to kill worms in my tummy, but I don't eat worms so I think she was making it up.  I blew some bubbles and tried to spit the stuff out, but I was outsmarted that time.  Hey, I haven't been doing this pirate thing very long, OK?  I'll get the hang of outsmarting her.

The foul goop was followed by a warm compress on my left eye, and some sort of goo in my eye to kill the bacteria in there.  I said "Leave the eye alone woman, it hurts!!" but she did it anyways.  Humph.

Here's me telling foster meowmie what I think of her yellow goop.


That was yesterday.  I was allowed some time to regain my composure and eat, then the real indignities began.  I was taken to a place where the people put a thermometer up my behind, poked me with a needle, and poked and prodded at me from all angles.  I did quite a bit of hissing and spitting to let them know what I thought of this treatment, but to no avail.

Foster meowmie said that we learned a lot today, like that I don't have FIV or FeLV and that my left eye needs to be removed.  I think I'm glad about that because my eyelids are turned in since my eye is so small, so every time I blink I rub the fur on my eye.  OW OW OW.  Unfortunatly, the doctor said we have to get rid of the infection in my eye before it can come out.  This means TWO WEEKS of icky antibiotics in my mouth and in my eye, as well as lots of warm compresses.  What's a kitten to do?!

After the doctor visit, foster meowmie invented a new form of kitten torture - she called it a BATH.  She said it would kill my fleas.  I think she was trying to drown me.  I hollered and screeched like a pirate on the warpath. I was still unceremoniously soaked, sudsed, and rinsed.  I think I need to contact a lawyer about this treatment.

The BEST thing about today was meeting the dog.  Foster meowmie says I can't meet the other cats until I've been here for a week, but there's a dog here and I like him.  Maybe he'll be my partner in crime!  This dog is Jasper.  Jasper made me feel so much better that I sat down and gave myself a REAL bath.  Then I grabbed Jasper's tail and washed that too.  Then we shared some kitty food.

Foster meowmie says that I am only staying here until I find my furever home, where the people will be able to properly appreciate a ferocious pirate kitten. *Gulp!* Are there people out there who can appreciate me in all my pirate glory?  Not being able to see out of my left eye doesn't affect how I run and play, and I should heal up from surgery looking quite handsome, even if I'm a little different.  Foster meowmie says not to worry, lots of people have big hearts for kittens who are a little different, and I should focus on healing up and getting fat.  I think I'm going to try and do that.

2 comments:

  1. Awww, Captain Jack! I think healing up and becoming healthy are very good things for you to focus on. You are absolutely adorable! PSMew- I have a problem with my left eye, too. It's a lazy eye so I don't see very well out of it at all. We tried to fix it with exercises and patching when I was little, but it still doesn't work very well. I'm sure you will do just great. You are precious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Elyse! I think I'll be OK without the yucky eye too. It's ouchie and gunky. Sorry to hear that your eye couldn't be fixed, but I'm glad to hear that it doesn't bother you!

      Delete