Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Pirate Lessons!

Mew...err..Ahoy!

Today I started a rigorous pirate training schedule.  First order of business - the lap!  laps are very confusing places.  There are all sorts of buttons and wrinkles and fingers and strings (Foster meowmie says it's "hair") to play with!  But...you're supposed to be mellow and sit still and stuff.  I dunno about laps.  Foster meowmie bribed me with ear rubs.  Ear rubs are ok.  Maybe I can sit still for those.  I even made a few biscuits with my feet.

I'm still in quarantine, so even though I can TELL there are other cats on the other side of that door, I can't get to them!! This is so totally unfair!  Foster meowmie says it's only for six more days...but hey, I've only been around for six week, so six days is a LONG time for me!  I want to meet the kitties on the other side of the door NOW!
My second lesson today was about TOYS.  I like toys!  At first, I was scared, because I had never had a toy before.  Life in the big outside is very serious, it's all about surviving and finding food and not getting turned into food for something else.  So I didn't know about play.  I'm a fast learner though!!  Pretty soon I was running back and forth chasing a fake mouse, the dog's tail, and the dog's toes.  Dog toes are delicious.  I nibbled them and he walked away and I chased him and nibbled them some more.  Indoor life is the best!

I guess the doggy didn't like me doing that because he pinned me down with his foot and licked me all over.  Yech, dog spit.  Once he stepped on my toes too so I hissed to remind him that I am a ferocious pirate and he should stay off of my toes!  He respected my piratt-itude.  Once I had finished learning about playing and toys it was back to the lap.  Laps are much nicer when you're all sleepy.  I decided I would hold still for my close up.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Captain Jack! Toys and playing are very important things for a pirate-kitty to know about! And so are laps. We humans like to have a kitty on our lap, purring and kneading. There is nothing quite like it!

    <3,
    Your admiring fan,
    Elyse

    ReplyDelete